7.05.2016

ORANGE Squares -- Update

I've finished putting white and red on all of the ORANGE squares that GG made. I used up everything that was in the bag. When working in the daylight it felt as if I needed sunglasses.


There are not enough squares to make a blanket, or even a lap throw. I had to go stash diving. I found a gold, and a bright (make you squint) yellow... that just happens to be part of the yarn GG gave me.

I made some new squares, and it's 6x7 squares big...but not big enough for my liking.




NOW I'm out of the red.  I went deep stash diving, opening totes, going thru the bag of odds and ends, and emptying all of my project bags, boxes, and purses. I went to yarn stores, but the problem with stash diving, and especially deep stash diving, is that you can't find more of what you are using. There is no match for the red. Deep Breathe here....

Now that all of the yarn is out in the light, I started choosing other colors to add more squares. Oh no you say...more squinty slaps in the face? Yes and no. I of course found more ORANGE. It's Wonderboys favorite color and I have dozens of different shades in "construction cone" orange. They are out as possibilities...I also found some leftovers from GG in multicolored bright orange,red and purple. So I got out the purple. I'm trying desperately to blend all of this in. Right now, I'm mindlessly making squares in pleasing color patterns. "No brainer" crocheting.



I purchased a skein of black. The only money I've spent on this project so far. The plan is to put a last row of black on each to crochet them all together.  Or maybe sew 4 of them together...then crochet black around adding more blocks. Either way, I would say I'm half finished.

It's also in a time out to let my eyes have a rest!



It's looking pretty boho, and I'm proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment