7.11.2016

ORANGE Squares-- pattern

I figured out the pattern for the squares that GG made.  I want to share it. This is what she would have done...share everything. In her world of knitting and crocheting, GG would always OVER-share.

Use any weight yarn you want and the appropriate hook for a nice looking fabric. I'm using Worsted weight and a size I hook. This gives it a better "drape". If you want a denser fabric switch to a H hook.

Here's where I would say, choose the loudest, brightest, color you can find for the flower...but you be the artist.

CH 5, sl st to form ring.
Petal....
*3 DC in ring, CH 3 turn. DC in each ST across (4DC). CH 4 turn.








Repeat from * for 8 Petals. You are completing 2 rows for the Petal before starting the next Petal in the ring.








Now I'm going to write like GG and assume you know what you are doing.

Last CH 4 only -- CH 2 then DC in top of first CH 3 of first Petal. This puts you in the middle of the CH 4 and ready to start the next row.



You can change colors at this point or continue in the flower color. GG continued, so I will stay with the Squinty Yellow for this one.

Next row...

CH 3, 2 DC in same space. CH 1, *3 DC in next CH 4 SP, CH 1, (3 DC,CH 2,3 DC) in next SP (corner made), repeat from * around to beginning SP, 3 DC, CH 2, SL ST in top of beginning CH 3.





That was the square I was given from GG. The rest is what I have added.

Change color. I used the white for all of the squares to tone it down and make consistency no matter what yarn was being used.

Next row...

Join in any corner.
*3SC in SP, TBLC in chain SP of previous row between the sets of DC, 3SC  in same SP as first 3SC (corner made), (CH 2, 2 SC in next SP) 2 times, CH 2, repeat from * around ending with a SL ST in top of first SC.







Change color. This is where I used the red and then purple. Darker colors work best here to frame the work.

Next row...

Join in top of beginning SC of corner. *SC in first 3 ST, *SC in top of TBLC, FPDC around TBLC, SC in top of same TBLC, SC in next 3 ST (corner made), (FP TBLC in bottom of second DC from 2 rows below. SC in next 2 ST) 3 times, SC in next ST, repeat from * around.












That's the squares so far...I'll let you know when I add the joining round.  





No comments:

Post a Comment